Sunday 15 June 2008

Day Four

I only have minutes before we must leave for France, so I'm afraid this post will be rather brief.

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Again.

We woke up early with the hopes of squeezing more out of last day in London than we had before and were out of the house by 10 (an adimirable feat for three eighteen year old gents).

After taking the tube to Westminster, we made our way towards the Cabinet War Museums. It should have been a nice ten minute walk from the station but there was a parade for the Queen's Official Birthday. Now, this wouldn't have been such a problem if I weren't traveling with two gents who strongly dislike asking for directions. As I am traveling with two such sirs, we ended up taking an hour and a half detour around Buckingham Palace.

The museum was really cool though and afterwards we headed off to the Imperial War Museum which was also really nice. The only downside is we couldn't afford to see the Ian Flemming exhibition -not that we're already broke but that we didn't want to draw out more pounds and then not spend them.

After the War Museum we were all exhausted and returned home for a little R&R before Addie took us out to the Ivy for dinner. I had a Caesar Salad and Gnocci (which was fabulous!) and drank red wine. Charl had the Caesar as well and a scrumptous looking steak. Jonah of course went with the Bang Bang Chicken (spicy chicken with peanut sauce) and the steak as well. The bottle of wine Addie ordered was a 1996 from Château Palmer. I recommend it.

Well, now must run. France calls. We will continue to update as frequently as possible.

-Stephen

2 comments:

coetzee said...

Stephen, I didn't realize that you are a wine expert! I will take you with me next time I need to stock up!

I hope you all brushed up on your french!

Au revoir

Paula and/or Bert said...

Just got text from Jonah and know you are with Maxime. Shred it up tomorrow on the surf- or should I say surf's up! Just read blog sounds like a fabulous meal.I am sure Addie will miss you. I hope he follows your trevels on line. Yes and I too will look for Stephen red next time out. You chose the War Museum over Queens birthday parrade how unBritish!